"Wheels Turning Inward" is a is a rich collection of over fifty poems, following a poet’s mythic and spiritual journey that crosses easily onto the paths of many contemplative traditions. The artwork at the top of this page, is one image found in the Gordon Moore Memorial stain glass window at Trinity Episcopal Church in Houston, Texas, by the artist Kim Clark Renteria. The image of these three circles, is emblematic of both the Trinity and the title for this new collection of poetry now available from Friesen Press.





Monday, December 28, 2009

there is something about being an episcopalian


there is something
about
being an Episcopalian
that draws me
engages me
moves me forward
makes me think
and makes me quake
there is something there
something that defines me
embraces me
holds me wholly
and holy still
within thy stillness

something that rings true
across and through the mind
something that touches
that binds and almost breaks
that bends a heart
to hear a voice
that knows a love
and feels a joy
that sees a mystery
to which i smile
as you smile back

God in heaven
we are a community
that one day soon
i hope
i pray
will know no bounds
or boundaries
in this world
thy kingdom
comes
thy will
will be done
on earth
as much
as in heaven

unexpectedly
it may seem to some
in spite
of all we fear to do
or do not do
by your good grace
thy kingdom comes
ready or not
here it comes
within us
all around us
it comes with
or without expectation
time to wake up

now!



Ron Starbuck

Copyright 2008