"Wheels Turning Inward" is a is a rich collection of over fifty poems, following a poet’s mythic and spiritual journey that crosses easily onto the paths of many contemplative traditions. The artwork at the top of this page, is one image found in the Gordon Moore Memorial stain glass window at Trinity Episcopal Church in Houston, Texas, by the artist Kim Clark Renteria. The image of these three circles, is emblematic of both the Trinity and the title for this new collection of poetry now available from Friesen Press.





Sunday, May 2, 2010

Which or That


I’ve almost always
preferred the word Which
over That.

I know it is in
writing a most
grievous sin

causing all sorts
of confusions and confessions
again and again.

So, I’m wondering once more, again.
Why I wish for Which, instead of That
and that is simply, well, and you know what

I’m going to say next,
don’t you, instead of,
Just That!

If we could all be clever, beyond
all telling, then one would
think that we could invent a new

Word, for both, like
‘Wthat’ or ‘Twhich’
Or even ‘Whichthat.’

And let all of us pick
one or another, of course
that leaves us where we started.

So, I’ll stay this old and weary
argument, at this, or is it That?
Tell me simply, which one to use.


Ron Starbuck

Copyright 2010



If you are still confused, please go to this page on which and that.